Findings
THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN - Printable Version

+- Findings (http://g-kexoticfarms.com/findings)
+-- Forum: Board (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Christian Religion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN (/showthread.php?tid=170)

THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN - Anthony - 10-12-2011 01:59 AM

THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN

Since the designation “Jew” belongs exclusively to the tribe of Judah, only the tribe of Judah is “Jewish. Other tribes of Israel who call themselves Jews are appropriating to themselves an ancient birthright which is not rightfully theirs, for the Messiah would descend through the tribe of Judah. Revelation 2:9-10 refers to the synagogue of Satan as “them which say they are Jews, and are not.” In His message to the church at Smyrna, Jesus spoke of this group as a synagogue, that was not Jewish:

“I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.”

The establishment of the synagogue, according to the Jewish Encyclopedia, was of ancient origin and, therefore, the ancient Israelites would have had synagogues which continued in both kingdoms subsequent to the great schism:

“By the time [the synagogue] had become the central institution of Judaism (no period of the history of Israel is conceivable without it), it was already regarded as of ancient origin, dating back to the time of Moses (see Yer. Targ., Ex. xviii. 20 and I Chron. xvi. 39; Pesiḳ. 129b; Philo, ‘De Vita Mosis,’ iii. 27; Josephus, ‘Contra Ap.’ ii., § 17; Acts xv. 21).”

We may infer from Revelation 2:9-10, that a portion of the northern kingdom of Israel, which was dispersed after the Assyrian invasion, settled in Smyrna in Asia Minor. Furthermore, that these Israelites claimed to be Jews and, after the death of Christ, persecuted His Church in that city. The bishop of Smyrna during the first part of the second century was the famous Polycarp who was burned at the stake sometime around the year 155. That Jews were behind Polycarp’s martyrdom is evident in the Letter of the Smyrnaeans to the Church at large:

“When this was proclaimed by the herald [that Polycarp confessed himself to be a Christian] the whole multitude both of Gentiles and of Jews who dwelt in Smyrna cried out with ungovernable wrath and with a loud shout, ‘This is the teacher of Asia, the father of the Christians, the puller down of our gods, who teacheth numbers not to sacrifice nor worship.’... These things then happened with so great speed, quicker than words could tell, the crowds forthwith collecting from the workshops and baths timber and faggots, and the Jews more especially assisting in this with zeal, as is their wont...

“So [the Evil One] put forward Nicetes, the father of Herod and brother of Alce, to plead with the magistrate not to give up his body, ‘lest,’ so it was said, ‘they should abandon the crucified one and begin to worship this man’--this being done at the instigation and urgent entreaty of the Jews, who also watched when we were about to take it from the fire, not knowing that it will be impossible for us either to forsake at any time the Christ who suffered for the salvation of the whole world of those that are saved--suffered though faultless for sinners--nor to worship any other.
“For Him, being the Son of God, we adore, but the martyrs as disciples and imitators of the Lord we cherish as they deserve for their matchless affection towards their own King and Teacher. May it be our lot also to be found partakers and fellow-disciples with them. The centurion therefore, seeing the opposition raised on the part of the Jews, set him in the midst and burnt him after their custom.”

The Lord Jesus also referred to the synagogue of Satan in His message to the Church at Philadelphia:

“Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.” (Rev. 3:9)

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, “St. Ignatius of Antioch later sent to the Christians of Philadelphia an interesting letter warning them against the Jews (Funk, ‘Die apostolischen Vätter’, Tübingen, 1901 pp 98-102).” Ignatius of Antioch had also contended with the Judaising heresy in his church at Syria from the late first century until his martyrdom in Rome c. 110 A.D. The Encyclopedia Britannica states: “Ignatius apparently fought two groups of heretics: (1) Judaisers, who did not accept the authority of the New Testament and clung to such Jewish practices as observing the Sabbath, and (2) the Docetists...”

“IGNATIUS THEOPHOROS (Greek: ‘God Bearer’) (d. c. 110, Rome), bishop of Antioch, Syria, known mainly from seven highly regarded letters that he wrote during a trip to Rome, as a prisoner condemned to be executed for his beliefs. He was apparently eager to counteract the teachings of two groups--the Judaizers, who did not accept the authority of the New Testament, and the Docetists, who held that Christ's sufferings and death were apparent but not real. The letters have often been cited as a source of knowledge of the Christian church at the beginning of the 2nd century. Ignatius represented the Christian religion in transition from its Jewish origins to its assimilation in the Greco-Roman world.”

http://watch-unto-prayer.org/mystery-babylon-4.html#synagogue