Ocean Facts 

The record for the deepest free dive is held by Jacques Mayol at 282 feet without diving equipment.  The deepest spot on Earth, Challenger Deep, is 35,802 feet, the pressure is over 8 tons per sq inch!
The highest tides on Earth are found in the Bay of Fundy east of New Brunswick, Canada and can reach 53 1/2 feet high in the Spring tides. The longest mountain range on Earth is really the Mid-Ocean Ridge. It extends from the Arctic Ocean, down the middle of the Atlantic, winding into the Pacific Ocean. Total 31 068.5596 miles!
The largest waterfall on Earth is actually found in the Denmark Strait, and slowly cascades downward for 2.2 miles. This is over three times as tall as Angel Falls, in Venezuela, which is the tallest land waterfall. The tallest mountain on Earth is Mauna Kea, an inactive volcanic island in Hawaii, stands 33,465 feet tall when measured from ocean floor to summit.
Elements oxygen and hydrogen are 96.5% of ocean water. The other 3.5% is dissolved elements, such as chlorine, sodium, and other salts. The thermocline is an ocean zone in which the temperature drops very rapidly. It is usually found at around 300 to 800 meters deep, between the relatively warm surface zone and the cold deep zone.
Oceans cover about 71% of Earth's surface and 97% of it is saltwater. Temperature of most ocean water is about 39 degrees Fahrenheit
Sharks attack some 50-75 people each year worldwide, with 8-12 deaths.   80% of all life on earth is found under the ocean surface and the oceans contain 99% of the living space on the planet. 85% of the area and 90% of the volume constitute the dark, cold environment we call the deep sea.
The average depth of the ocean is 12 450.7874 feet. 90% of all volcanic activity occurs in the oceans.
The average height of the land is 2 755.90551 feet. The speed of sound in water is 4 708.00525 feet per sec. That's about 5 times faster than in air! 
The Dead Sea is the Earth's lowest land point with an elevation of 1 299.2126 feet below sea level. Average depth of the Atlantic Ocean, with its adjacent seas, is 10,931.7585 feet without them it is 12,880.5774 feet. The greatest depth, 27,496.7192 feet, is in the Puerto Rico Trench.
Pacific Ocean, the world's largest water body, occupies a third of the Earth's surface. Pacific contains about 25,000 islands (more than the total number in the rest of the world's oceans combined), almost all of which are found south of the equator.
Pacific covers an area of 69,382 557.9 sq miles. Gulf Stream moves a 100 times as much water as all the rivers on earth.
Sea level has risen with an average of 10-25 cm over the past 100 years and scientists expect this rate to increase. If all the world's ice melted, the oceans would rise 216.535433 feet.
Air pollution is responsible for 33% of the toxic contaminants that end up in oceans and coastal waters. About 44% of the toxic contaminants come from runoff via rivers and streams. Antarctica has as much ice as the Atlantic Ocean has water
Nearly one-third of the world's oil comes from offshore fields in our oceans. A mouthful of seawater may contain millions of bacterial cells, hundreds of thousands of phytoplankton and tens of thousands of zooplankton.
Fish supply the greatest percentage of the world's protein consumed by humans. The ARCTIC Ocean is the smallest and coldest. It's 5 million square miles
Every natural element can be found in the ocean. 60% of the Pacific and 35% of the Atlantic Coast shoreline are eroding at a rate of about 3 feet every year
http://www.g-kexoticfarms.com:/oceanfacts.html   

Facts gather in part from : 

http://members.aol.com/jtankard/ocean/oceanfacts.html 
http://www.marinebio.com/MarineBio/Facts/ 
http://www.ocean98.org/fact.htm 
http://www.eco-pros.com/oceanhome.htm